explore my site

Friday, May 11, 2012

SURTEX... Here I Come!

via
Well, not physically actually! :)
If you don't know Surtex, it's an international fair for the sale and license of design and artwork, held annually in NYC. Artists from around the world are given the opportunity to show and sell their work to manufacturers of products for home, stationery, giftware, publishing, etc etc.
My fabulous agents will have three booths at Jacob Javits Center, next week, and I am one of the 'lines' represented (it may look fun, but yes, we are 'brands'). I cannot tell you how surreal and exciting at the same time this is for me! I've come a long way, from my little corner of the world to New York City! Believe me, it's emotional.
I've worked very hard over the past few months to produce several new collections, from everyday to Holiday, and I hope they'll do well.
... Wish me luck! :)

20 comments:

  1. wow, thats terrific~! I'm so happy for you..


    Best of Luck~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your enthusiasm, Sonny!

      Delete
  2. ...luck...you don't need luck Monica, your art sells itself, not only is it visually pleasing but it moves you, you feel it within your heart...they'll be blown away by you!...fantastic news...Melxx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mel. One of the best advice I've ever received is 'paint from your heart'... I try to always remember that when I sit down at my worktable, and let all the rest go.

      Delete
  3. I do wish you all kinds of good luck
    Hugs
    SUeAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) You're a darling Sue Ann!

      Delete
  4. I agree, no need for luck, your talent needs no luck, best wishes, sounds so exciting!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so kind of you, Laurie. And yep! IT IS exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be sending you positive thoughts and I am sure everything will turn out beautifully. You are an amazing artist, don't forget that.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your new creations do well, too, Monica. Good luck and blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic news, Monica. You must be so thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is great news !!...good luck darling...love Ria...xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Monica,

    How exciting and thrilling and I am so happy for you.
    Best wishes and much luck with your new venture.

    Sending hugs and have a lovely weekend
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravissima! I think you will be great success in NY fair, beacause your works show your sweetness of heart.
    Happy weekend :)
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you the best of luck!!!! It is my dream some day. Let us know how it works out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck! and thanks for the information, I had never heard of this before!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish you much luck! You are very talented.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks a lot dear ladies! I'll be sure to share what I can after the show. As for now... woo hoo! I'm excited. Let me savor this moment :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You will surely have much success at this show - I just feel it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous news dear friend! Congrats to you! I can't wait to see your beautiful creations in a nearby shop. Have a wonderful time while you are on our side of the world:)

    xo, abby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!