explore my site

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stow-on-the-Wold.

It's a lovely Cotswolds market town where I love to always stop when I'm in the surroundings.
The vast market square serves as parking, but around it, you can admire nice Cotswolds town houses made of the typical honey- colored local stone.



Strolling down the alleys around it, you can find fascinating corners...



... interesting charity shops, a lot of tearooms and a selection of yummy shops...


 (... can you tell I love hats??:))



(Love Emma Bridgewater too, I'm saving to buy a couple of her delightful pieces of pottery! 
Aren't these mugs fabulous?)


... and several Antique shops!


The Old Toy Museum and Shop (that was closed the other time I visited the town) was on my to-do list. But much to my disappointment the owners had retired... Anyway, I was pleased to find a brand- new Vintage shop (Vintage & Paint) had taken its place... so I wasn't disappointed after all!


The owner was so kind to allow me to take some shots...
I wish I had a ginormous suitcase... :)


Isn't this super- cute? Can you imagine my teddy bears in it? :)





In the end, I treated myself to a vintage souvenir. It was exactly what I was hoping for (as I had written in the comment section the day before I found it :))...


Thank you so much from my husband and I for your concern and well- wishes. The shoulder is still aching and he had some tests today, let's hope all is going to be ok.
Monica x

27 comments:

  1. Aren't the cotswolds gorgeous? i love your shots xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are! It's like heaven for photographers and artists! :)

      Delete
    2. Monica, I'd be so jealous if you made a chrochet throw as I would have no idea how to!!!! Haha but yes, you should. What a beautiful achievement it would be x

      Delete
  2. Love your cornishware jug, i have a few from my granny. I love that vintage shop, the horse was adorable! I could spend hours in a place like that. I do hope your husbands shoulder is ok. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love love love Cornishware! I felt so lucky to find a vintage jug like that in that pretty shop.
      We should meet there and then have tea and cake in one of those lovely tearooms! :)

      Delete
  3. Dreaming the Cotswolds...I'm looking at your photos as if I was really there.
    A lovely floral mug for you and a star for your husband(shown in Milly Lilly window)!
    Greetings
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a darling, Franca! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post great city....get well soon darling....love Ria....xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a BEAUTIFUL place! So happy you were able to visit and take such glorious photos! Do you know we have that VERY SAME English pram?! My parents used it for me when I was a baby... then for my baby brother... and all their grandchildren were in it as well... and it still looks nearly new! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it too... :))) the version in blue. Unfortunately my parents tossed it away! :(((

      Delete
  6. Sending your husband positive thoughts. Your pictures are just lovely Monica.
    hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the wonderful vacation. Glad your husband is getting tests. Better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the tour...so beautiful!!! Prayers for your husband.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    I love those hanging cups...so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Such a creative display.
      Thanks for your prayers, Sue Ann, they're much appreciated!

      Delete
  9. I would love to visit that little town and that beautiful vintage shop. Have to put that on my 'love to visit' list. Thanks for sharing Monica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth the visit, Tina. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Now I can head off to sleep and dream of the Cotswolds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy I miss England so much, with all these charming little shops and tea rooms.
    Sighs and greetings from Italy
    Chiara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a note, Chiara!

      Delete
  12. I just found your blog through mutual friends in blogthopia.
    I love what I see and my heart missed a beat when I saw Stow on the Wold. I have been here on holiday on a couple of occasions but it has been too many years (15 yrs). I loved been transported back and to re-living my beautiful fond memories.
    As your new follower, I look forward to knowing your blog and to welcoming you to mine
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment, Helen! Nice to meet you and glad my post evoked warm memories!

      Delete
  13. Hello Again

    I am unable to find the "follow me button on your blog"I will return - perhaps blogger is having difficulties
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Monica! Love this dose of English country charm and beauty – there is nothing like it, is there? Your photos, as always, are wonderful! I'm just back from Italy and getting caught up. Hope you are very well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!