explore my site

Monday, March 12, 2012

At the Moment I am...

LOVING:

My newest apron I recently made with fabrics in lilac (again!). I'm finishing its twin for my Mom, in my spare time. Thanks to my Dad for taking these pics of me to show you.

PAINTING:

... and painting, and painting. Well, naturally. Surtex show in NYC is just around the corner! I can tell you the life of a licensing artist is far from being boring! The pile of designs on the right of the collage above is that of the last month only. I've been working on three different collections at the same time, with different colors and themes.... all watercolors (my favorite medium). But even with deadlines fastly approaching, piles of paintings to be finished, sketches flying (!!), agent gently spurring me on, etc. I am the happiest girl on the planet! I've never, never felt this happy before!

PLANNING:

1. Time to rest, rest, rest.
2. Time to sleep, sleep, sleep.
3. A vacation. Boy I need that.
4. Changes on my blog (sorry if you notice stange things happening every now and then ;)). I'm giving myself and my blog permission to evolve, as I've already told you before. I know many fellow artists and creative souls come here hungry for inspiration (... by the way, thank you!), and I think it would be nice to offer more artists insights. I like when others share experiences and feelings, and often find them useful to see things from another perspective. I happened to read a very appropriate quote that spoke to me deeply, this morning:
"Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others". Buddha
I will continue to share crafty projects, vintage finds, the beauty I see around me, of course. But I don't feel my blog is a 'craft' blog anymore...

DREAMING:

... Really, really B.I.G!! Would it be too much asking the Universe for a conservatory and my studio overlooking a lovely garden?

STARING:

At my orchids blooming profusely again, and in time for my birthday later this week! My DH gave me this wonderful white Phalaenopsis in 2010 for my b-day. Do you know I have a passion for orchids?
By trial and error, I found out that the best method of all to grow them well is to remove the original soil, wash the roots and set the plants into a hydroculture pot (I actually use vintage glass bowls or soup toureens). Then put in a very bright spot of the house and supply nutrients every now and then (follow directions on the packaging).

ADDING:

1. A few butterflies and many blessings to my Biz Gratitude Book. The book is still in the making, I don't have time to craft so I'm just filling in the pages, will bind it later on. Hope I can tell you my biggest biz news soon! :))

Have a fantastic week ahead!
Monica x

20 comments:

  1. Oh so creative you are......
    Tell me your latest biggest news please ')

    Love the apron you made....so lovely......
    Your mum must be so happy with it.

    Fine new week

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much joy in every post you write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Monica
    I ♥ love the beautiful apron you've designed/created ~ it is absolutely perfect for Spring.

    You have been busy! A studio tucked away in the little cabin or in a conservatory sounds dreamy xo

    Will send an email soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your happiness and creativity pour through the computer to all who read your blog. We are blessed to be on this journey with you.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Monica,
    Happy Birthday to you later this week...My birthday was March 7..
    My orchids plants are blooming too. I love the flowers and how long they last. I can't wait to read about your big biz news.
    Have a sweet week full of sweet moments. Hugs,Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much !!...hahahahah!!..love and a happy week darling...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy almost birthday to you! Sounds like you have a good kinda busy going on over there. So much to be grateful for. Wishing you a wonderful week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an angel,aren't you,Monica?
    "Life is a paradise for those who love ( and I say also "make") many things with a passion."
    Leo Buscaglia
    Ogni tuo post è un piacevolissimo appuntamento,per me!=Your blog is just great!
    Good evening!
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Franca,
    you're a darling! Thank you!! I cherish your words.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...dear Monica...your blog is like a prism through which the sun shines, radiating your warm and generous heart...I'm so glad I stumbled upon you...Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your posts are always beautiful and inspiring! Have a great week!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you,Monica!:)
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sound so happy and busy Monica! Surrounded by inspiration, too.
    I got my hands on a copy of the winter Somerset Life, and loved your contributions!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a whirlwind of creativity, Monica – I can see how it is exhilarating!! Can't wait to see your new designs. I know I will love them. And yes, you deserve a conservatory and studio overlooking a garden. :)

    xo

    Georgianna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all of these photos-so many wonderful projects underway! Much success to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to hear the new news. And you too deserve your studio to overlook a garden. Dream big!! They will come true.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am loving this post! It's fresh and original and non-traditional in a creative, fun way. LOVE! Gotta go, want to go look at it again....I can get away with that when Romeo leaves the room for a snack ;)

    "Her"

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love dropping to see what you are up to and I am always inspired by your creativity and beautiful photos. Love the apron it is almost too pretty to cook in! Thanks for sharing your world! Warmest Regards, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  19. I soooooooooooo want to learn to use water color! I'm not a painter but, I'd love to use it for backgrounds. I don't have a journal but, I want to learn to do this too. I can't wait to hear your BIZ story. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!