explore my site

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Scrap Journals.

As promised I'm showing you a couple of the journals I made some time ago, now that they are safe and sound in the hands of the recipients! 
I made this with a Nantucket theme for a dear friend who has sweet memories about the Isle, as she was born there.


I used a burlap "net", a picture featuring two friends on the beach, shells and a vintage button to decorate the cover.

The inside...


All these pictures were taken in Nantucket... so very special, huh?




As you can spot I used old pages from an Italian book, just to add a special 'far away charm' to the journal!


I found almost all the pictures here, it is quite an interesting site about Nantucket/Vineyard. Enjoy having a look!
***
I made this other journal for another friend, using matching fabrics in her favorite color combo. I'm afraid I forgot to take pictures of the inside before mailing it. I only can show you the cover and the very first page, on which I made a collage with pretty girls. This is meant to become a "spiritual" journal.


I added a 'special something' on the cover, an Italian tiny medal women used to sew on clothes for protection.

Monica.

22 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic,
    I love the Nantucket look.And it really does look it too.Remarkable job.XXOO Marie Antionette

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! I'm going to have to check out that site because I love Martha's Vineyard. I've never been to Nantucket but I really want to someday.

    I laughed at your comment about my shirt sleeves. It's in the 60s here today and everyone is complaining about how cold it is! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, what a cute journal. This is truly amazing, and your friend is just oing to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! It is so sweet. I love it.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are truly wonderful, Monica! I'm sure your friends treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! I enjoyed seeing these journals so much ... they are wonderful and so personal for your friends. Each piece you have created is delightful. I love them both!

    Carolyn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica~~

    I love the journals. They are real works of art. I have hear of online classes for journal making. Is there anything in particular you used to learn the basics?? Obviously one with a blog name like mine would want to make one!!

    Love your book. Have been to MV but not Nantucket. Would love to visit both over a week!!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!!! You do such wonderful work!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a true friend! They are over the top, I would cry if I ever received one from a friend. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Monica,
    i absolutely love them.
    So much love and thoughts behind them, i bet they were wery much appreciated?!
    Thank you for your comments, my mother has been visiting from Sweden for three weeks.
    So I have not done much bloging.
    I miss her so much it hurts, well.....
    i hope eveything is well with you.
    And I have seen the movie Baby Boom, It's a great movie!!!
    Hugs Bodil.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lucky friends! Those are so great! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a precious gift!
    You did such a fabulous job~ lucky friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever, wonderful idea, thanks for sharing such pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very Pretty!
    Thanks for stopping by. Rain again today and they are predicting it thru till Sat. morning. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Monica, beautiful work, we are sure the recipients love them!! Thank you so much for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The love and attention you put in these journals really shows. Lucky friends that are the recipients of such gifts!
    xxx.......C

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous journals !
    Your friends will be so happy.
    That tag for Tina is heartwarming.

    Have a nice weekend Monica,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Monica, they are stunning!!!! I absolutely adore them. How very talented you are!!!!!

    Hugs, Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your journals are so beautiful. How special your friends are to receive these beautiful gifts. I love the Italian Nantucket pictures and the detail in both is just beautiful...

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH my gosh!!! Incredible! Where did you get those photos??? And can we have a copy? Pretty please with sugar on top?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the journal, just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Monica,
    This is such a thoughtful gift. There is something about a gift made by the giver that demonstrates love and caring.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!